It’s that time of the year again. Holiday season has officially started and, with Christmas approaching, we usually get invited to many parties.
Whether it’s an office party or a New Year’s Eve bash with friends, this is the chance to look festive! However, not everybody likes to dress up and sometimes it becomes difficult to find something simple and sophisticated to wear. But no panic! Taking a look around, we can certainly find something appropriate for every one.
When it comes to party outfits, it’s important to choose something comfortable and, in case of a work event, elegant and formal.
Let’s take a look at some ideas on what to wear this holiday season.
- From top left: Reiss Velvet Gown Pitch Black £295, Jane Norman Gold Foil Knot Party Dress £45, Phase Eight Mimi Fit & Flare Dress £140, Asos Velvet Asymmetric Bandeau Midi Dress £58
Dresses are a classic and a favourite to wear at any event. You can easily choose from a variety of styles, such as fit and flare, bodycon, midi or full length gowns and any colour that you like. Wrap dresses, lace and velvet are very popular at the moment.
If you feel like trying something different, opt for a sequin or metallic dress and you will be the star of the party! If you want to play it safe instead, go for a little black dress. You can’t go wrong!
Top & Trousers/Skirt Combination
- From left: River Island for Asos Culotte with Belt £38, H&M Sleeveless Peplum Top £29.99
- Lipsy Zip Maxi Skirt £17, Warehouse Pussybow Blouse £42
If you decide not to wear a dress, you can pick a pair of classic trousers or a skirt, paired with a peplum top or a blouse. Trousers and skirts come in many styles, from a classic straight leg to flares and culottes, from pencil to maxi skirts.
A statement coat of your choice will complete the outfit. Even a tailored suit for an office party would be just fine.
- From left: Asos Wrap Front Jumpsuit with Long Sleeves £28, Reiss Tuxedo-Style Jumpsuit Black/Off-White £245
Jumpsuits are comfortable and versatile, perfect if you want something easy to wear. You can choose long or short sleeves and any colour that you prefer. It will make you look chic but not overdressed.
Shoes & Accessories
- From top left: Oasis Embellished Box Clutch £25, Next Berry Pointed Mary Jane Court Shoes £ 32, Accessorize Simple Ribbed Torq £12
When selecting the right shoes for your outfit, keep in mind you should wear something that you feel comfortable in. Court shoes, heeled sandals, embellished ballet flats, Mary-Janes, even boots are all fine. The best colours are black, nude or red.
Accessories also play an important role! Never forget to wear earrings or a necklace and always bring a clutch with you. Gold and shimmer are a favourite and, if you like it, don’t forget to wear red lipstick!
Which outfits will you pick for the Holidays?