Advertisement:
Home » More » Money

Money

5 simple ways to kick-start the new you. Or at least pretend…

The start of a new year is generally a time when everyone looks for ways to make a new start, right? We all vow to go the gym every day, throw out all the chocolate we have stashed under the bed for, um, ‘emergencies’, and read something cover-to-cover other than our favourite magazine subscription. But, if, like me, this all ...

Black Friday Bargains of 2015

Ah, Black Friday is fast upon us. It’s easily the one day where literally anything and everything is up for grabs. People do not care for the welfare of others; if you’re in my way, I’m going to get you out of my way to get to what I want. That’s the Black Friday mentality. Doesn’t sound too great, does ...

Modigliani Nude Sells for $170 Million, Second Highest Ever

Amedeo Modigliani’s “Nu Couché”, an early 20th century painting of a nude woman, sold for 170.4 million dollars on Monday, the second highest price ever paid at auction.

Climate change denier Rupert Murdoch has bought National Geographic.

Climate change denier, Rupert Murdoch has bought National Geographic

It was announced earlier this week that media giant and climate change denier Rupert Murdoch has bought National Geographic. The new alliance is called ‘National Geographic Partners’ and will combine TV channels with the magazine, books, maps and other media channels.  It has been disclosed that Fox will own 73% of the partnership and National Geographic Society owning the remaining 27%.

Rupert Murdoch is the founder, chairman and CEO the News Corporation Company, the world's second-largest media collaboration, and its successors News Corp and 21st Century Fox after the conglomerate split on 28 June 2013. He owns many media channels, most famously the Times and Sunday Times, however it is Murdoch’s company 21st Century Fox which has bought national geographic with fox paying  $725m (£471m) to the National Geographic Society for its share in the partnership

So what will this mean for the future of National geographic?

There has been considera

Advertisement:

Sepp Blatter Appeals 90 Day suspension

Sepp Blatter has been given a 90 day ban, with allegations of suspicion of “disloyal payment” of 2m Swiss francs (£1.3m) to Mr Platini, which was “allegedly made for work performed between January 1999 and June 2002”. The FIFA President is currently appealing the suspension ruling. Klaus Stohlker, Blatter’s friend and adviser has stated that “He has appealed already to ...

Great Fall of China

The Asian-Pacific Stock Market suffered its worst day in eight years in what experts are calling ‘Black Monday’, with comparisons being made to the stock market crash in 1987.

Migrant crisis poses huge challenge for the EU

Angela Merkel German Chancellor

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has re-emphasised the need to tackle the EU’s growing migrancy issue, stating on Sunday that the problem will need more attention and will pose a bigger challenge for the EU than the failing Greek economy.

Asian currencies drop as China devalues yuan

Chinese yuan

Thought to be due to weakening levels of trade and economic growth, the Chinese government has greatly devalued the nation’s currency, the Chinese yuan, to its lowest rate since 1994, influencing financial markets across the world.

First RBS sell-off costs taxpayer £1.1bn

Chancellor George Osborne has come under fire today following reports that part of the Government’s stake in the Royal Bank of Scotland is being sold off to investors for a £1bn loss.

Skip to toolbar