Advertisement:
Home » Lifestyle » Food » Jamie Oliver’s restaurant now features maggots that fall from the ceiling

Jamie Oliver’s restaurant now features maggots that fall from the ceiling

There was shock at the Norwich branch of Jamie Oliver’s restaurant chain Jamie’s Italian when a diner was showered in maggots during their meal.

Speaking to The Mirror, the diner, who asked not to be named said ‘I felt something on my head and found a maggot but I brushed it off at first and presumed it must have been a caterpillar that had fallen whilst walking to the restaurant. But then others fell onto the table. It was gross and we were shocked.’

Advertisement:

 

No evidence of dead animals was found in the restaurant, leading to speculation of an infestation of woodworms.

A spokesperson for the famous TV personality released a statement: ‘Earlier this week a single, isolated pest control incident occurred at our Norwich restaurant. All of our restaurants operate to a very high level of food safety and Jamie’s Italian Norwich retains a 5 star Food Hygiene Rating (the highest) from the local Environmental Health Office.’

A formal complaint was made and the restaurant management wavered the customer’s bill.

By Hal Breen

Share this article

share we chat more

About Hal Breen

Student at the University of Bristol Writer for Union Times, Inter:Mission and The Tab https://thatboywhowrites.wordpress.com/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

Skip to toolbar