Despite what is said, you don’t always need a big wallet full of cash to have a good time in London. To this end, you only need to know all the tips and tricks which are included in this article! Although there are many things to do for a bargain, a solid umbrella should be on top of your list if you want to make the most of the City.
1. Being out of cash is not an excuse to stay at home in London! This is first proven by free museums entry! A little bit of culture can help to broaden the conversation with your partner on the table or elsewhere and between Art, History or Science, so you’ll have plenty of options!
2. You cannot miss street entertainment in Covent Garden which gathers real artists and performers coming from all around the world. Mimes, jugglers and dancers are putting on a show revealing that Britain has lots of really talented people!
3. London has also loads of good value places to eat but it is rare that you will be spending less than a fiver on food in as lovely surroundings as those at Manze’s on Tower Bridge Road. Well, indeed we are far from lobster, caviar and champagne but you can be sure that you won’t be hungry for at least 8 hours with a heavy Shepherd’s pie!
4. As you may know, London is one of the world’s greenest capitals. Grab your boyfriend or girlfriend if you have one, some cucumber sandwich to keep healthy and then settle yourself on the lawns of Hyde Park or the charmingly secluded Holland Park.
5. Finally, there is no such thing than keeping fit and attractive for the one you love. Kick start your journey to improved health and see how the gym bunnies live with a free one-day guest pass at your local fitness first. As the French writer Montaigne used to say a brain well- formed is essential but to be honest a well-built body is not meaningless either.
London is maybe the 3rd most expensive City in the World but with a little bit of craftiness and imagination you can spend a rather good week end without spending all your money in a 5 stars hotel. After all, you don’t need superficialities to be over the moon with the person you love.