Are you the type of person who rushes in the morning and struggles to make time for a healthy breakfast? Are you the type of person who begins to feel a little tired mid-morning around 11 am too? It’s true that eating breakfast adds between 10-15 minutes onto your morning routine, so as we appreciate this is added pressure…but how about making an ‘on the go’ breakfast smoothie that only takes 5 minutes of your time? Clean up, pour into your shake cup, put the lid on and drink it ‘on the go’! This will provide the fuel you need in order to feel good and full of energy all morning to have a positive and productive day.
Oat Berry Breakfast Smoothie
These are the ingredients and quantities you need:
– ¼ cup of oat based natural muesli (including nuts and raisins is fine) – no added sugar and the Jordan’s range is fantastic
– ½ cup frozen blueberries or a banana
– 2 teaspoons of honey brown sugar – banana will make the smoothie sweeter
– Full fat Greek or Plain yogurt or if a more runny mixture is required, then add Coconut, Almond, Rice or Soya Milk – to your taste and level of thickness
– Cup of ice – it’s worth freezing already boiled water or mineral water for the best quality ice, depending on where you live
– Water – again I would use boiled water or mineral water, again depending on where you live
So now the directions are:
– Place the oats and ½ cup water in a blender.
– Add the blueberries, or banana, or both, yogurt, ice, honey or brown sugar and milk of choice as required to suit your taste.
– Blend until smooth and frothy
Pour into your shake cup, put the lid on and then washing up the nutri bullet takes all of 1 minute and you are now ‘on the go’ to the office.
Mon Cherry Smoothie
Another great smoothie for you today which is called Mon Cherry and you may easily guess which ingredients come first…
Here are the ingredients and the quantities you need to make this smoothie:
– ½ cup Cherries (or frozen cherries if out of season)
– ½ cup raspberries
– ½ cup strawberries
– 2 teaspoons of honey or brown sugar
– ½ cup ice – it’s worth freezing already boiled water or mineral water for the best quality ice, depending on where you live
– ½ cup full fat plain yoghurt or Greek yoghurt
This is a very simple and quick smoothie to make: just put the blueberries, cherries, raspberries, strawberries, 1/2 cup ice and two teaspoons honey or brown sugar in a blender and blend until smooth and frothy. Pour into your shake cup, put the lid on and then washing up the nutri bullet takes all of 1 minute and you are now ‘on the go’ to the office.
I use this recipe to focus on my stress relief. I personally and mostly use it in winter even if it is a cold drink. Raspberry and cherry are good to lower hyper tension, oxidative stress and insomnia. This is an excellent smoothie which has a great balance between stress relief and energy boost.
As you can see, it does not take a lot of energy to get energy all day long. Thanks to the smoothie, you should be able to find everything you need to keep up a healthy routine full of vitality.